Monday, December 14, 2009






I realize this is a bit late due to some personal disturbances over the past 5 days... better late than never I say.

Reflection: Looking back on my survey and comparing responses to what I sort of predicted that they would be, I found myself a bit surprised. Overall, when it came to overall knowledge about copyright laws and pirating, the responses given showed that, in the 14 people who took my survey, most had little understanding of the subjects aside from a general idea. This was not too surprising. It was in the other questions where my prediction was off. What conflicted the most was the fact that more people use illegal peer-to-peer methods of music sharing than I had thought and, that out of the people surveyed, most of them figured it should be illegal to download music and share it. So, people still use certain methods for the best turnout of success in making themselves happy even if the methods are illegal and should be treated as such. Reflecting on the final itself, I found out much more that I had previously known about copyrighting and, in essence, changed my opinion of copyrighting altogether. I initially was against it and figured it hindered musical development and sharing of ideas, but it actually promotes them in a more organized and "everybody is happy" way.

No comments:

Post a Comment